It's hard, creating that much curve in a piece of fabric. I still am not there. But I think this corset is an improvement.
I started with a guess of a pattern, just something I had drawn up. I sewed the first mock up together, analyzed the problems, and created a second mock up.
I put in bones so I could test the mock up more accurately.
After fixing the problems of the mock up, I cut out the pieces.
My original thought was to have a black panel for contrast.
But after pining it together I decided that I didn't really like it. I was planning on wearing a black dress underneath it, and I thought the section of black would just melt into the dress and look a bit odd.
So it became all purple! Look at those giant hip gores!
I was certain I had finally made a corset that was perfect. Unfortunately wearing it was a different story.
Now I'm being really picky here. I think the corset came out beautifully. But for next time, I do have a LOT of problems to fix.
There really isn't any drastic waist action. It's a subtle curve, not the severe look I wanted. 22-34 is a huge difference.
I actually like this picture, mostly because the errors in the drafting are not evident from this angle.
Ah well. Exciting pictures with a colorful corset, in any case.
Thanks for reading!