June 12, 2014

Tauriel: Comic-Con

Admittedly I have already worn this costume and blogged about it, but I had new additions for Comic-Con.

What I already had made:
The green suede, bracers, and corset

What I already had bought:
Black tights, elf ears, and brown boots

Additions:
Wig, bow, and arrow

I made the bow following the Backyard Bower's tutorials for PVC bows on Youtube.  If you have not watched his videos- watch.  The man is brilliant and ever so wonderful for sharing his brilliance with the rest of us.

This was my first time working with a lace front wig.  I added the widow's peak myself.  It was time consuming so I gave up far too early.  I should have made it a bit bigger.  Overall, this was a lovely quality wig, and I am quite pleased with it.

Maleficent!
 Historical Sleeping Beauty- don't they look wonderful!  I freaked out when they came out <3

I found a friend from high school and convinced him to take a silly picture with me.  :D

Overall Comic-Con was a wonderful experience.  I most certainly will be going back again next year!! <3

9 comments:

  1. Hello!

    At first: You look very brillant! You have a lot of my respect.

    I want to wear Tauriel too, but I can't find such a lace-front-wig in such a beautiful color an lengh.

    That's why I want to ask you a question: Where did you got the wig from?

    Can you tell me, please?


    Many greetings to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! Thank you :) I got my wig from the seller Wigfever on Ebay. Here is the listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-22-26-Long-Straight-Reddish-Brown-Lace-Front-Synthetic-Wig-/161482146983?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions&var=&hash=item25991604a7

      I made the widow's peak myself and curled the wig, but I highly recommend their wigs- they are fantastic quality.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for you fast answer and surely for the listing^^

    Okay, I understand that, very much thanks and greetings to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! May I ask how long the shipping tool?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If memory serves correct it took about 3-4 weeks

      Delete
  4. Hi, do you know the length you got for the wig?

    ReplyDelete