March 24, 2017

Daphne: Dragon's Lair Part 1

At Comicon I met Don Bluth *screams*

He was promoting his crowd funding in order to make a movie based on the video game Dragon's Lair. I got pretty excited about the project...Daphne is like Thumbelina's sexy twin. So I HAD to cosplay her.

But as soon as I decided that I freaked out. I don't DO sexy cosplay. I like intricacy and layers and accuracy. That is what I find most appealing in a costume. Daphne's costume is a skimpy, bathing suit thing...
So. Much. Skin.

But I gritted my teeth and told myself that I could do this.

I had never made a bunny suit before, but I have made plenty of corsets before. They're pretty much the same.

I drafted a pattern, then transferred it to my fabric.
I had some left over yellow and white fabric that I used for the boning channels. 

I put snaps in the crotch because I thought it might make it easier to get in and out of. Wrong. It just made doing any strenuous moving completely impossible.


No comments:

Post a Comment