January 20, 2017

Victorian Sherlock Holmes

The game is afoot...

For Halloween this year my co-workers decided to do a detective themed room decoration. To match with our room we chose famous detectives to portray. I chose Sherlock.

I sketched out an idea and got to work!
My old corset wasn't really working as well as I wanted to, so I decided to make a new one. 

Unfortunately this corset does not cinch me at all, but it does give me the proper shape.

I also wanted to make a new lobster tail bustle. I made my first one three years ago...and you could tell.

The underskirt is a heavy upholstery fabric. It's a lovely tan linen with stripes of cotton velvet.

The bustled overskirt is of a tan poly-wool suiting.
Originally I wanted the center to be tan with the lapels having stripes on them, but decided after throwing it together that I didn't like that look so much. Instead I made the center panel from the linen/velvet fabric and the lapels from the same suiting as the rest of the jacket.
Pictures in front of our murder board!

1 comment:

  1. Aaaah, so amazing!!! I am rather awestruck by how awesome this turned out! Way to go :D