March 23, 2015

Harry Potter World Bleach Shirts





As you can see I recently went to Harry Potter World.  Because I am me I HAD to make some of my outfits for the trip.  For Harry Potter World I made my mother, father, brother, boyfriend and me all t-shirts.  

 I stuffed each of the shirts with plastic bags to protect the back and pasted my cut out designs on the shirts.


(in order from the left: 9 3/4, Hogwarts Castle, Harry's scar and glasses, Snape's Patronus with the worlds "Always", and the Deathly Hallows)


I made the shirts with bleach.  It was a SUPER easy process, but did distress my hands a bit and ruined the clothes I had on.  Lessons learned for the next time I play with bleach:
1. Do it outside
2. Wear gloves
3. Wear clothes you don't mind accidentally being bleached

I'll talk a bit more about this process in my next post about Disneyland clothing :) 

For those of you curious to see more pictures of HP World- here they are:
The dragon on top of Gringotts ACTUALLY BREATHED FIRE!

And a full view of one part of Diagon Alley.  I rewatched movies 1-6 this weekend and was SHOCKED how eriely accurate Diagon Alley was in Universal.  It looks EXACTLY like the movie.

 
 Views of Hogwarts castle which was so accurate and beautiful I squealed and danced in public like a child...

 Hogsmeade was by far less crowded, but it had less shops.  The snow capped roofs were beautiful.

If you make it to Harry Potter World make sure to get a Butterbeer.  Or two.  Or five.  Heck.  ALL THE BUTTERBEER.  When I returned home I STILL hadn't had enough Harry Potter.  So we watched movies 1-6 and drank homemade Butterbeer.  Luckily I have a recipe that is NEARLY as good as the park's version.

Cheers!

2 comments: